The book I would like to recommend for summer reading is "Holes" by Louis Sachar.
The book is about a boy named Stanley who was falsely accused off stealing a baseball star's sneakers. As a punishment, STanley must go to Camp Green Lake (there is no lake at Camp Green Lake) and dig holes every day that are exactly 5 feet wide and 5 feet deep in the hard packed earth of Texas. The days are hot and tiring. While staying in Camp Green Lake, Stanely makes a friend, Zero (a nick-name). Zero has been forced to dig holes as well, and is sick of it. So he runs away. Stanley is a loyal friend and is worried about Zero, so he goes after Zero. Stanely eventually finds Zero and brings him back to Camp Green Lake. After some confusion, Stanely and Zero are both taken out of Camp Green Lake, are return to their normal lives.
I liked this book because it is epic and exciting What will happen next is always unpredictable. This book takes on many twists and turns, making it enchanting. I hope you like this book as much as I did.
The book I would like to recommend for summer reading is "The Clockwork Three".
Most of the sotry is about three characters: Giuseppe, Fredrick, and Hannah. Giuseppe finds a green violin that is enchanted and can make magical music, meanwhile, Fredick is working on a great clockwork automaton in the shape of a man, while Hannah is a hotel maid and has a sick father that is dying quickly. Eventually, they all meet and help each other with their problems, meanwhile becoming great friends. I liked this book because it was interesting, very descriptive and full of actoin. I have a feeling that you will like this book as well.
没有评论:
发表评论