And it’s the same with partners. To love them is to recognize that they live, too. And to let them breathe.
To love them?—?fully?—?is to appreciate them each day. Give them our care and compassion and attention. It means seeking to understand their viewpoint, empathizing with their struggles, celebrating their wins, and supporting their journey. It means listening, touching gently, and treating their experience with the same kindness as our own. It means caring without crushing or clinging.
To love means giving them full range of motion, and space to exist in their lives. It means accepting that what we have will one day fade away?—?due to death or change. It means recognizing them as other people not responsible for our emotions?—?or emotional wellbeing. It means managing our own lived experience just as much as we allow them theirs. It is allowing them space to make mistakes, to be imperfect (forever), to have space to live their own lives that are separate from ours.
It means not fighting against the possibility of loss; it means appreciating each day as though all we have is here and now, rather than trying (futilely) to protect ourselves against them leaving.
订阅:
博文评论 (Atom)
2026年七月精神瑜伽
日記本在6/30在7/1之間特地有一頁空餘,似乎提醒書寫著回顧一下上半年,暢想一下下半年。 本月一開頭就是連續幾天的高溫,那幾天不能外出,在家就使勁地在厨房做麵食,變相地讓自己進行一下體力勞動。第一周的周末大家冒着酷暑出門去看airshow,烟火,縂想在全國都熱烈慶祝美國250周...
-
I am a toad, Yes, indeed a grumpy, warty toad. I love to eat flies, I also like to wear bow ties. I live in a ditch in a road. You...
-
这是聪聪最近痴迷的一套书,由南京师范大学出版社出版。 每本书从书的内容、插图、文字上来说都非常有特色,有儿歌,有童话,有WILD IMAGINATION,有水彩画,有铅笔画。最爱的两本是《兔子先生去散步》和《胡萝卜火箭》。都是属于WILD IMAGINATION的,可能跟她最...
-
周一(5/10/2021) 晚上醒一次,两点,然后就睡倒6点半。第一次能在周中睡倒6点半。睡眠好了,整个人的精神状态能完全不一样。 带狗狗出门后,回去锻炼,做了Low Impact HIIT,也是能出汗。 上班没有了动力。她一回来,事情就特别多。 午饭给她做了咖喱鸡,放了胡萝卜...
没有评论:
发表评论