https://nancytanner.com/2016/04/11/the-misunderstanding-of-time/
When I am asked what is the biggest problem I see in dog training today, it is the same problem I saw fourteen years ago, and thirty years ago, it is the misunderstanding of time.
It takes time to learn how to be a teacher to another species.
It takes time to learn how to learn from another species.
It takes time to build understanding.
It takes time to learn how to observe and how to apply what you observe.
It takes time to build a relationship with trust.
It takes time to get to know one another.
It takes time to teach.
It takes an enormous amount of time to build skill on both ends of the leash.
It takes time to learn.
It take time to learn about humility.
It takes time to learn how to work together.
It takes time to learn about the things in training you don’t even know that you don’t know yet.
It takes time to learn about your own short comings.
It takes time to forgive your own short comings and learn how to move on with your dog.
It takes a life time to practice compassion.
It takes time, all of it.
You cannot rush a relationship.
You cannot rush the teaching or learning process, on either end of the leash.
You cannot rush maturity or the lack there of.
You cannot rush your skills, or your dog’s understanding of your skills.
My advice to new dog owners, seasoned dog owners, and want to be dog owners – learn how to settle in, learn that nothing will happen overnight. Learn that if you try to take short cuts and try to make it all happen to fit your schedule, or your desires, or your needs, it will come back to bite you in the ass, figuratively or literally.
Nancy
订阅:
博文评论 (Atom)
2026年七月精神瑜伽
日記本在6/30在7/1之間特地有一頁空餘,似乎提醒書寫著回顧一下上半年,暢想一下下半年。 本月一開頭就是連續幾天的高溫,那幾天不能外出,在家就使勁地在厨房做麵食,變相地讓自己進行一下體力勞動。第一周的周末大家冒着酷暑出門去看airshow,烟火,縂想在全國都熱烈慶祝美國250周...
-
I am a toad, Yes, indeed a grumpy, warty toad. I love to eat flies, I also like to wear bow ties. I live in a ditch in a road. You...
-
这是聪聪最近痴迷的一套书,由南京师范大学出版社出版。 每本书从书的内容、插图、文字上来说都非常有特色,有儿歌,有童话,有WILD IMAGINATION,有水彩画,有铅笔画。最爱的两本是《兔子先生去散步》和《胡萝卜火箭》。都是属于WILD IMAGINATION的,可能跟她最...
-
周一(5/10/2021) 晚上醒一次,两点,然后就睡倒6点半。第一次能在周中睡倒6点半。睡眠好了,整个人的精神状态能完全不一样。 带狗狗出门后,回去锻炼,做了Low Impact HIIT,也是能出汗。 上班没有了动力。她一回来,事情就特别多。 午饭给她做了咖喱鸡,放了胡萝卜...
没有评论:
发表评论